A corporate arm of Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Usains Healthcare Sdn. Bhd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the commercial arm of Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Usains Holding Sdn Bhd (owned entirely by USM).
- Usains Healthcare manages the Executive Health Services of the USM Hospital on behalf of the USM Hospital, and one of its obligations is to provide bills and collect payment from USM patients who choose to receive treatment at the USM Executive Health Services. This is in line with the provisions of the Memorandum of Understanding signed between USM and USAINS on October 21, 1999.
- The USM Executive Health Services offered by USM are aimed at the Full Paying Patient (FPP) Scheme, which was first introduced at Hospital Putrajaya in 2007. The FPP Scheme was also introduced as a step to address or reduce the problem of Specialist Medical Officers migrating to private hospitals.
- It provides an opportunity for academics to offer specialist treatment to paying patients while at the same time offering additional income opportunities for specialists.
- For core businesses undertaken by USAINS, strengthen the business propositions for the services provided either to, or on behalf of, the University and Industry.
- Identify and develop new business propositions for consideration where USAINS and/or USM shall invest so as to generate new income streams and cash flow for sustenance for the university in the long term.
To be recognised as the Business of the USM community that focuses on development of income generating activities, either through our current core activities or new business ventures in areas consistent with the knowledge base and competencies of USM and Usains.